Alert Archives |
Dear Colleagues in Sacramento and Yolo Counties,
CalHR sent the message below to the entire labor community last night. We are encouraged that the State has heard CAPS’ repeated requests that their essential state workforce be offered the vaccine. This clinic for the Sacramento and Yolo region is a good start. As a reminder, should you elect to participate and get a COVID-19 vaccination, you are able to take up to 80 hours of Supplemental Paid Sick Leave, given as Administrative Time Off (ATO), for the appointment and any recovery after receiving the vaccine, should you encounter any adverse reaction. Please contact CAPS () should you run into any issues obtaining ATO for these reasons. Stay safe!
The State is partnering with Color Health to offer a vaccination clinic at the Franchise Tax Board office for all state employees in the Sacramento and Yolo County region from April 29th to May 1st. This clinic is available to all state employees.
Here are the steps for vaccination appointments:
- Fill out this form with your state employee email (e.g., ending in ca.gov) by Monday, April 26. You will not be contacted for an appointment if you use a personal email.
- You’ll be invited to make an appointment at the clinic on a first come first serve basis. Filling out the form does not guarantee you an appointment at this clinic. You may receive an invite to schedule your appointment based on available capacity and how quickly you submitted the form.
- You’ll receive an email from by the end of the day on Tuesday, April 27 that includes:
- A unique access code and instructions to sign up for an appointment via MyTurn
- The address of the clinic location
If you do not receive an email to sign up by the end of the day on Tuesday, April 27, you may be contacted next week or for future clinics if additional doses become available. Please also check your spam folder for mail from .
Accessing the vaccine through this clinic is completely voluntary. Employees may opt to arrange to receive their vaccinations at other clinics, pharmacies, or through their own health provider.
If you don’t receive an appointment invitation on Friday, we encourage you to schedule an appointment through your health care provider or by using MyTurn to locate available appointments at https://myturn.ca.gov/.
CHOOSE UNITY! CHOOSE STRENGTH! CHOOSE CAPS!