Travel Assist

Travel Assist (Formerly MEDEX Travel Assist).  Get medical, security, legal and travel assistance for CAPS members and their eligible family members when traveling more than 100 miles from home or internationally, for trips of up to 180 days.  That means a comprehensive program of information, referral, assistance, transportation and evacuation services designed to help you respond to medical care situations and many other emergencies that may arise during travel. Travel Assistance also offers pre-travel assistance, which gives you access to information on things like passport and visa requirements, foreign currency in worldwide weather. All services are provided by one of the most experienced assistant companies in the United States, UnitedHealthcare Global.

Call Travel Assistance toll free at 800-527-0218 from the United States, or call collect from other locales: 1-410-453-6330 Before you travel, find out more about Travel Assistance at

You can review the Travel Assistance program details at

During an emergency, you may contact Travel Assistance by phone, email, or fax and reference your Standard Insurance ID number (9061) or group number (7088). This will ensure that they can confirm that you are with Standard insurance, verify your policy, and provide you with assistance.

Print out your Travel Assistance brochure and wallet card from this brochure: